Montag, 1. Oktober 2012

New Orleans Questionnaire


Interview with Martha Pinney, 5th grade, Louise Mc Gehee School in New Orleans.

New Orleans is... an interesting city with…pretty trees. I like the food.

Favorite place in New Orleans: The French Quarter. I like all the shops, and I like the Café du Monde.

Favorite building: I think the Bradish Johnson House in my school, because it’s pretty and I liked how they re-created it into a school.

What was it before it before it became a school? It was a school. Well, actually, it was sort of a house for people, just a normal house, and then they turned it into a school.

Favorite New Orleans food: Beignets, because they just stack powdered sugar on top of it, layer after layer, and it makes me happy.

Favorite New Orleans musician/s: Amanda Shaw, because she is the reason I started playing violin. She makes awesome fiddle music. She calls herself Amanda Shaw and the Cute Guys, because she’s the only girl in the band and she’s got the guys playing in the background.

Favorite New Orleans word or expression: Who dat? Just because it’s funny, and I love the Saints, and Drew Brees. And so, who dat.

Most apt New Orleans nickname: NOLA?

Favorite New Orleans thing not mentioned here: The trees, in City Park. I think it’s the largest collection of live oaks, and I like climbing them.

How can the city lower its murder rate? More police; they could be stricter about who buys drugs at the drugstore, who buys stuff like that, and maybe more surveillance cameras.

Why I live in New Orleans: First of all, I can’t really help it, but I wouldn’t want to move because… first of all, I love my neighborhood, and I don’t want to leave all my friends. I love the style of the houses. And how old the city is.

The thing I like least about New Orleans: Well, I don’t like how there's trash everywhere, how there's a part of the city where everything just looks awful. There’s old buildings not taken down, there are projects that are in the middle of projects but they just stop. I wish they could just do better on that.

What people don’t know about New Orleans is: I basically know what everyone knows, so...

My expertise on New Orleans: I live in New Orleans, and I've been here my entire life. 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen